Thursday 22 May 2008

The End of the Tri-Series

I always had visions of it becoming even bigger, from a tri-series to a 5-series, where a series of 5 teams, always featuring Australia and New Zealand would play in a massive round robin tournament across Australia and New Zealand. It equalled more games in total, and less non-Australia matches because half would be played in NZ.

Anyway, those grand dreams have been dashed, and the tri-series altogether has been scrapped from the Australian calendar. It was very inevitable, but it's sad in a way. I have grown up with that formula and it dictated my summer.

However, I will not be sad for long, because it's place is a very robust little setup. 5 match series against two nations and featuring 2 and 3 test series as well. All in all, more Australia matches to enjoy and you can't complain about that.

Of course, I won't be in Australia come this summer, but I'll still be able to enjoy it on television, and mark my words - I will.

Can't wait for it!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: