Monday 28 April 2008

Karmic Balance?


Don't get me wrong, I like Indians, I love their passion for cricket, but I don't care much for their players and their team. Some players I think are fantastic and I have plenty of time for them, such as Tendulkar, Dravid, Kumble and yes, even though he slaughters us more often than not Laxman, but there are others I don't care so much for.

This week, during the IPL I had the satisfaction of seeing two of my least favourite Indians combine in some kind of bizarre karmic retribution. Harbhajan Singh in a typical display of sportsmanship befitting his measure as a man slaps Sreesanth after a match. Now, I blame both of these players for exascerbating the race issues between Australia and India; Sreesanth first for his stare out of Symonds that generated the ill will towards him on the Aussie's last tour, and of course Bhaji for calling Symonds a monkey.

Now, Harbhajan is suspended, and Sreesanth apparently cried like a girl when he got hit. Sweet justice.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: